- 10,450 children in the United States under the age of 15 will be diagnosed with cancer in 2014.
- Childhood cancer rates have been rising slightly for the past few decades.
- 20% of children will not survive 5 years past diagnosis.
- Cancer is the second leading cause of death in children (after accidents). About 1,350 children younger than 15 years old are expected to die from cancer in 2014. (From Cancer.org)
That roughly translates to the graphic below, and that is why we continue to fight to bring awareness. Because #kidsgetcancertoo.
Learn More –
- National Childhood Cancer Awareness Day – White House
- American Childhood Cancer Association
- Cancer in Children
- Cancer in Teens
- Guide to Childhood Cancer